Sunday, January 24, 2010


It's official!!! We're having a baby! We're due on July 31st, so we reached 13 weeks pregnant yesterday. On Friday we had another ultrasound. In the ultrasound we had at 8 weeks the baby looked just like a bean, and the only movement was the heartbeat. Friday's ultrasound was quite different- it was clearly a human baby, and more specifically, an acrobat. The baby jumped, kicked, and I swear...waved at us. I shouldn't be surprised, considering that this baby is half me, and half Damian. It was just amazing because I falsely assumed that the baby would be doing a lazy backstroke in there, but the reality is that they are already doing a jig. Things should get even more interesting when I'll be able to feel the baby in a month or so. Both the doctor and the ultrasound technician enthusiastically told us that everything is looking fantastic with our little one!

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to meet the tiniest Sikora! Love you so. bapa and gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all! We are so happy for you. I think it looks like a boy. It could also resemble a girl. We'll see soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely a little gymnist like the rest of his/her cousins =) SOOO happy for you both and SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH! we are so happy for you both! your in for some exciting times! can't wait for Em to have another playmate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Cannot wait to have another niece or nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you guys! I don't know why I didn't realize you had started a blog, but I'm excited that now I'll be able to keep up with you, Damian and Baby Sikora - yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. update requested on March 16th please!!!!

    ReplyDelete